Sunday, August 17, 2008

relocation.

hi everyone!

well I've finally made it to Paris. Getting here was such a long process. My flight from Orange County got delayed because of thunderstorms in Houston. Once we took off, I was suppose to get to Houston 10 minutes before my next flight. Once I got to Houston I ran over to the next gate. I had my skateboard and my really heavy duffel bag with me, so it was definitely not an easy run; THAT and it was really really far away. Anyways, I ran over there and found out that the plane had JUST left five minutes earlier. I just about DIED when I found out. So after about 5 minutes of freaking out and a 2 minute long frustrating conversation with my mother, I talked to the travel agent. While talking to her I met two other people that had missed the flight. One of the guys I met, Chris, was a 60 ish year old man from Laguna and the other was Pierre, a 30 ish yr old professor from UCSB. Chris, who i'm pretty sure is gay, was awesome and very fatherly. He was really helpful. Pierre is a French 2 professor for the program that I'm attending here in Paris! It was such a coincidence! I couldn't believe it! So from Houston, we were originally suppose to take a morning flight to Paris, which would have meant we would have had to stay over night at a hotel. Luckily, we got on a flight to Heathrow, and then from Heathrow to Paris. Heathrow was really confusing. On the flight to Paris, we met this other guy that came from the states. He was really funny and gave me his mom's phone number in Paris and told me to use it if I ever needed an emergency bail out of jail number. It was so great. In Paris I found out they lost my luggage. Thankfully Pierre was there to help me translate. It's coming tonight!

I got to my grandparents place and passed out. It felt so good to sleep.

Woke up this morning around ten. Hung out with my grandparents. My cousins Vinh and Toan are here too, so I hung out with them for a bit. After that, I met up with a friend that's also in the program. We found the place we're meeting the rest of the program at and then we walked around Paris. We stopped at a cafe for a bit. It so nice to be able to live here finally. Most of you know that I've visited Paris many times before cause of my family. Its nice to actually live and not just visit now. After that I walked back to my grandparent's place by myself!

Now i'm just sitting at my grandparent's place waiting for my luggage. Gonna take it slow tonight I think. Updating the blog and getting in touch with people from home.

I'm so happy to be there, and even happier that I'll get to meet people tomorrow that are from the States. The next four months are really going to be life changing. I know its cheezy, but I'm hoping to learn a lot about myself and hopefully get really comfortable just being by myself. I'm so use to such good friends around me that I think I've gotten too dependent on it. I need to get comfortable just being by myself and alone with my thoughts.

Nonetheless, everyone needs to download Skype so I can keep in touch! My Skype name is mai-lanpham.

and cause I miss FUEL so much:






love you all!

PEACE.


1 comment:

slseo said...

hahaha. delays do SUCK! :) miss you! OMG I might have lied about being home sick... i think its coming... lol